And what prompted such an apology? Well, we've spent the whole day - both of us - looking for a very important piece of paper. Which we did not find.
What we did find:
- 8 year old adoption papers for our dead cat, which list her as male proving those surprise kittens really weren't our fault
- 3 year adoption papers for our live cat
- the first ultrasounds of our baby which we lost before we could show anyone
- the plans to our dream home, which is a little less dreamy than the last time I saw it
- the lyrics to Rocky Top and Family Tradition and You Never Even Called Me by My Name that I handed out like hymn sheets at party I once threw.
- receipts from every time we've ordered pizza (wtf?)
- Instructions for our long dead, long-gone washer dryer
- Countless warranty registration certificates - partially completed
- a freedom of Budapest card
- a photocopy of a friend's passport that he entrusted to us for safekeeping
Click thru for an even bigger picture of our ex-dream home
*Yep, we often call him Buddy. Tis but one little redneck step up from Cletus, I guess.
UPDATE: we found it - it was our marriage certificate! I'm not pointing fingers, but I found it in area that someone else said he'd gone through with a fine toothed comb