Thursday, October 06, 2005

Snake kills gator, snake explodes

After a day of doing personal inventories (those little tests that tell you how weird you are in an attempt to get you to be more productive) and finding out that I am either well balanced or schizophrenic, I went back to my hotel room and switched on Sky News. This is the British version of FoxNews - only it's not so crazy.

What's the big story I see?

An alligator and a Burmese python get into it in the Florida Everglades. It's a big gator and a big snake. Who would you put your money on? (Well, if you don't say snake, then you didn't read the title of this post.) Well, I would have put my money on the gator. But the snake kills the gator and then tries to eat gator, the snake has bitten off more than it can chew (or swallow, snakes don't chew) and its tummy explodes.

Man, I woulda paid to see that.

But since there's no footage, only a weird photo - Sky News goes to some head reptile keeper who talks about the danger of keeping snakes and spiders in the home, and then releasing them when they get too big. Yeah, no duh.

I say no duh, but my cousin had an alligator that he kept in his fishtank in his living room. It was a cute little critter, but you know what they say when they get big, they get ugly.

No comments: