Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My friend bought that

My friend Vol K works for a multi-national corporation that you've heard of. She's a procurement executive or some such. I think what she does is make strategic procurement decisions (?) and set up and negotiate the contracts and other people make the decisions about buying off from those agreements. But whenever she's here on business, I always ask her "What did you buy today?"

This company has a store on a famous London shopping street - one of the streets with wow-y Christmas lights and city sidewalks, busy sidewalks dressed in holiday styles. She took me there one time and showed me the promotional banners and other items that she had set up the procurement contract for.

I pass that store at least once a week and sometimes I say to my husband "See that banner? Vol K bought that."

No comments: