Monday, June 11, 2007

While I was birthing

What with a new baby and all I haven't been following world events as closely as I might have liked. But fortunately, it seems like it was kinda a slow news week, despite the G8 summit and the weird Azerbaijani compromise. And was there a Republican presidential candidate debate? Wouldn't matter, 'cause I'm not blogging about it until it's an actual election year. And then in the UK, there's a little kerfuffle over the matter of a few hundred million pounds in kick backs to a Saudi prince Bandar (and Bush buddy) in the mega, mega Al Yo-Mama arms deal. You couldn't make it up (OK - I did a little, it was the Al-Yamamah arms deal)

But now that I've kinda lifted my head from the epidural haze - I can see that the big stories brewing have been:

1. The London 2012 Logo.

I hate to admit, London Mayor Red Ken is right. The people who came up with this logo should be loaded into a burlap sack, along with their logo and a live rooster and throwed into the Thames. Well, Ken Livingstone just suggested that the designers not be paid, but I really don't think that's good enough.



















Do you?

2. Paris Hilton's return to the slammer.

Regular readers will know I don't usually spare much time for celebrity goss. But clearly, this is the story of the week.

It's not the drunk driving or the probation violation that bothers me. Hey, we all make mistakes. It's the being dragged screaming from the courtroom, I can't stand.

No class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When do we get to hear how your birth went?

(Or should I not want to ? ;-)

-KAG

Dan said...

As for Paris, schadenfreude was invented just for this kind of a deal. Delicious.