Friday, December 08, 2006

hi-scale corruption

After my post about the scales (hopefully) falling from the eyes* of those people who still think we're winning in Iraq, I saw this:

I'm not going to read the ISG report because I think it a publicity stunt. I know more about Iraq than Sandra Day O'Connor.

What I did do was search the ISG report for "corruption" which is cited 15 times in the 84-page report and only in reference to Iraqi corruption. Three of the citations refer to ISG recommendations to combat Iraqi corruption.

Here at mrs panstreppon's blog at the TPM Cafe (read it - it's quite good)

Yes, I failed to mention the corruption at the first go - that is our corruption. I had generally wrapped up the corruption under the incompetence - as to me it's all about bad governance. At worst, one might hope that American officials would tut-tut at the underhanded dealings of Iraqi officials - but it looks like a lot of the pigs at the trough were red, white and blue. Here's a post I did some time ago on Iraq's lost billions.

______________
*The Vol-in-Law who spends more time in the right wing blogosphere than I tells me that although the scales might have temporarily fallen from the eyes of the neo-cons; those who were momentarily blinded by the light have been scrambling around looking for those scales on the ground beneath them just so they could believe again.

No comments: