Monday, December 04, 2006

meat allergy

I drafted a big long post about how some girl told me she had a meat allergy and wouldn't eat my cornbread dressing* - which just had chicken stock and cream of chicken soup, but not much in the way of real chicken. I thought she was a big fat liar. I thought she was just making it up and was just one of those faffy, pretentious people who doesn't eat ________ because they're allergic not because they just don't like it. I've never heard of anyone with a meat allergy.

But I thought before I posted it, I might at least google "meat allergy". Apparently, meat allergies can and do exist.

I still think there's a pretty good possibility she might just be making up her whole meat allergy thing.

_____

*No biggie to me - just meant I had more leftovers.

2 comments:

genderist said...

I tried making Nana's dressing more vegetarian-friendly so that our friends could enjoy it with us, but it's just not as good with veggie broth and cream of celery soup.

Anonymous said...

I have a meat allergy, and it's an anaphylactic one. If I asked someone if there was meat in a recipe, and they lied about it, I could die.
There are now children who are anaphylactic to a multitude of things. This has become a serious and rampant problem.