Wednesday, December 13, 2006

You can always tell a UT girl

...by her calves.

I have a sturdy build. And when the end-times come, my peasant physique will stand me in good stead. But it's hell on fashion.

Knee hi boots are in - that is they're still in, and I still can't wear them. I can't wedge my thickset ankles and sturdy calves into those boots.

Vol-K was complaing about all those bird-legged British women on the streets of London with their skinny jeans and skinny legs and skinny boots.

Forget about it Vol-K, you have a degree in engineering from the University of Tennessee. That's too many treks up and down the Hill - plus the uphill both ways trips to Dougherty - not to leave a mark on those calves. Anyway, those skinny legged girls might exerience calf-snappage at any moment. Count your blessings.

Even when I was younger and thinner, my calves have always had a solidness about them. I was once working out at the Bubble - using the climbing machine (probably not helping matters) - when a guide brought a group of prospective UT students in. She pointed me out. She pointed out my calves. "See girls, after a year at UT- you can have calves like that, too."

I don't think those high school girls were too impressed.
____________________________________________________

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I got my calves not from going to classes on the hill (I was an art student), but from going up and down 17th from Salvador Deli to Hess Hall.

Mmmmm, I'd kill for some Salvador's delivered lemonade and cheesecake right now.

Anonymous said...

I can't do the zip up boots either- But I have these killer Franco Sarto's that are a pull up stretchy leather that I love!