Thursday, January 17, 2008

Keep on rockin in the free world

Yesterday I got my paper notice about the Global Primary. (If this link doesn't work, don't worry - more info below). Since Buddy is eating paper these days, I wanted to get it on the bulletin board and out of his way. But of course, I forgot and left it dangerously close to the changing area.

Me: Hand me that voting thingy.
Vol-in-Law: Voting thingy?
Me: Yeah, that paper there.
ViL: Oh, your voting thingy. (Extra derisive tone where you see italics).
Me: Yeah, you know the vote the directs activities in the free world.

_________
Living abroad? Want to vote in the primary? Check out the Democrats Abroad site.
Need to register to vote? Check out - www.votefromabroad.org

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you received yours. I helped to put that thing together, an exercise in groupthink that almost drove me bonkers.

You saw how few words are on it--you won't believe how many words were exchanged for, against and agnostic on each and every one of them.

Vol Abroad said...

well, y'all did a great job! It's attractive and clear.

...and yes, I would believe the effort and argument per word!!!