Thursday, February 15, 2007

Baby shopping

VolMom called me last night to ask me how things were going and whether I'd done any more baby shopping.

Had we bought a crib, had we bought a moses basket (ha! She's been on UK websites -that's Britspeak), had we bought a baby carrier, pram, stroller - well, had we bought anything?

Nope.

"What are you going to do," she asked - "carry that baby around in a potato sack?"

I repeated this to the Vol-in-Law.

ViL: Potato sack? Where does she think we are - this isn't Rubesville, Tennessee - this is London. We don't just have those lying around. I don't know where we could even buy a potato sack.
Me: Yeah, we'll have to carry the baby around in a designer laptop bag.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! VolMom

genderist said...

Oh! And The Hater and I were wondering what we should send to little Cletus!!

Anonymous said...

I just visit some of online stores like Disney shopping or Dreamtime Baby to shop for my baby with online coupons.