Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Tastes like chicken

I don't know why I bought this

Pot Noodle experiment

I know perfectly well that Pot Noodle - that great British food substance - is shite. I'm a person that puts salt on my salt, but Pot Noodle is so salty it makes me feel all weird and dehyrdrated. But I couldn't resist a food substance that had incorporated the Confederate Battle Flag in its packaging. I should have, but I didn't. Maybe I was feeling oddly homesick...

It sat in our cupboard for quite a while. But I'm off sick today and the house is not really well stocked with food. (We have no food.) So I thought, today's the day. Plus I was curious if a noodle soup could really taste like fried chicken.

Pot Noodle experiment

When I opened the lid, there was an extra little surprise inside.

Pot Noodle experiment

It's like so tangy y'all.

Pot Noodle experiment

Wow, a strange combination of California 80s and South East idiom.

Here's what it looks like without the ketchup packet. Yummy, dust!

Pot Noodle experiment

And here's what it looks like after adding boiling water and stirring (the only required preparation)

Pot Noodle experiment

This isn't the final product though. No, for that I had to wait two minutes for the noodles and corn kernels and bits of soya protein to soften in the hot water. Yes, that two minutes did feel like an eternity.

Pot Noodle experiment

Ready at last. Did it taste like Southern Fried Chicken? No. Did it even taste like chicken? Not really. Though perhaps it's because I'm sick and my taste buds are shot, but really it just tasted like salt.

I was going to save the special sauce packet (for what I don't know), but I'm afraid the salty salt was just too salty, so I needed to add some salty ketchup to see if it tasted better.

Pot Noodle experiment

It did taste better. But it still didn't taste like chicken. And now I feel all weird and dehydrated.

1 comment:

genderist said...

Honey, do I need to send you a mini-confederate flag for Cleatus' nursery? Just give the word and I'll oblige!!