Saturday, February 24, 2007

More baby shopping

We've been shopping. Being the cheap sods that we are, I've been waiting for a "nearly new" sale which was today! We bought a crib (or a cot if you're British) and a travel system (fancy stroller). The stroller thing is "well-loved", but it was cheap and still has all its little accessories.

Baby furniture and accessories are outrageously expensive - I haven't seen such crazy pricing since my last "life event" - our wedding - though to be fair - coffins ain't cheap either. They'll get you every time you hatch, match or dispatch.

So I was quite pleased with our purchases. From new prices, I think we saved about $500 today - not counting the little stuff we bought.

Check out our Flickr baby stuff set - nothing from today yet, but I have uploaded a number of my mom's purchases. Mostly adorable, but with the occasional humdinger. You gotta love the Solid Gold shiny vest-cum-Hammer Time pants-cum velour Christmas outfit.

velour christmas outfit

Sorry Mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not just for Christmas...and it does NOT have a cummerbund (it's a VEST).....and it cost $1.00
It is certainly worth every penny I paid for it. Besides everyone needs a laugh every now and then. (I really bought it because I thought Simon would like the toy soldiers! Dontcha know.)VolMom

genderist said...

This baby is gonna be too legit... too legit to quit...