Thursday, March 15, 2007

floral competition

I took a half day leave yesterday to visit the RHS Flower Show. It was a strange combination of Mediterranean Plants and the usual daffodil and camellia competitions.

competing narcissus - aberfoyle
Narcissus - Aberfoyle on display - I don't think it won - but I thought it was awesome.

I used to go to these shows to buy plants. But now my garden is absolutely chock full. I'd have to kill something to make room for more stuff. Fortunately, I'm pretty ruthless with the clippers - so that's not such a problem for me.

And we may be facing a bit of a kill-off over the weekend and into next week. Spring has sprung (so we thought), but apparently ol Jack Frost hadn't quite finished with his tricks and we're in for cool weekend. I'd already (foolishly) potted up tuberous begonias for summer hanging baskets. Guess I'll need to cover them with trash bags to keep them from freezing out.

No comments: