Sunday, March 04, 2007

Lunar eclipse

We had dinner at the Texan's last night. She served duck. I brought my own sausages. I've tried duck and wasn't impressed. Just one of those things. Everyone else ate the duck and enjoyed it.

We kept popping outside to check the progress of the lunar eclipse. Apparently it was the first full eclipse in ages. I'm not sure I'd seen one before - but maybe I just wasn't impressed. It wasn't exactly what I expected. I expected a blood red moon. It's more kind of charcoal pink. But it was pretty cool, to see the moon get eaten away from the bottom (instead of from the side) over a period of minutes not days.

We danced around the garden like pagans for a couple of minutes (it was very cold - we were all underdressed). And then we went home.

You can find out more about lunar eclipses here:

1 comment:

Buffy said...

Who picks duck over sausages? Seriously.