Sunday, September 23, 2007

A good day

Hurray - the Vols win!

IMG_8998-1

Not that we weren't expecting it - what with Cletus wearing his lucky Tennessee hat and all. I hope the winning doesn't run out any time soon, 'cause the lucky hat is getting smaller and smaller.

IMG_8997-1

-0-

We listened to the football game this morning. It was a good solid win by the end, of course, but there were some worrying moments early on. Still...onwards and upwards - right?

I got the Vol-in-Law to load the game up for me so I wouldn't be in any danger of seeing the score. I kinda knew the Vols won just by his demeanor. There was no evil glint in his eye. I hate to say it, but I think my husband enjoys a bad Tennessee season.

-0-

To celebrate, and just cause we felt like it we went to Bodeans BBQ in Clapham. The meal was pretty good, re-runs of yesterday's college football games were on the TV where Steve Spurrier was looking gloomy and Cletus slept on a blanket on the booth seat through the whole meal. Wooohooo! And on the way home I realised that today marks my first anniversary of quitting smoking.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Ummmmmm Bodeans. . .

genderist said...

What a fantastic anniversary to celebrate!

GingerSnaps said...

That is the cutest Vol fan ever!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Orange you glad you quit?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the win. I'm happy for the Vols to win until October 6.

Congrats on the quit anniversary. I quit in January.

Vol Abroad said...

Thanks y'all