Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Buddy met a little lamb


Buddy met a little lamb, originally uploaded by London looks.

We walked a very long way today to the Deen City Farm, which turns out is quite a long way away. I don't know why I didn't drive. I guess I just fancied a long stroll.

We'd been once before and Buddy could only summon up a bit of interest in some chicks. This time he loved everything. The sheep, the goats, the ducks, the geese, the chickens, the guinea pigs, the rabbits and the ferret. Especially the ferret.

He screamed so for the ferret that the sullen looking teenager who was messing with it (and who was probably there by some community service order) let him pet it.

In retrospect, slinky, bitey rodenty things are probably not best put into the paws of an exuberant one year old. But he loved it.

I would have taken a picture, but I didn't want to be that parent. You know the parent that takes the picture instead of staunching the flow of blood from the gushing ferret bite wound.

(There were no bites. Baby and ferret parted unharmed)

3 comments:

Susie said...

Ferrets are not Rodents....In fact they would kill any rodent. Ferrets are not mean, it the humans that abuse ferrets.

Vol Abroad said...

I knew there'd be a comment from the ferret lobby!

Anonymous said...

I AM the parent that takes the photo instead of staunching the wound. That's why it's good that there are two of us.