Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Yeah, I'm bitter

Is it an even numbered year?

Check.

Is it June?

Check.

Yet, where is my preferred team? Where are my heart's sporting darlings?

They're at home, twiddling their thumbs.

That's right. England didn't qualify for Euro 2008 - the European tournament - the World Cup's little brother. It's going on right now and I can't bring myself to get excited about it - at least not in the group stages.

And although I know their absence from the tournament is probably saving me from the inevitable heartbreak of seeing them bomb out during the quarter finals, there's still an aching void in my early summer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, that's because the English football team puts the "suck" in sucky.

Dan said...

You should watch the Dutch. They're playing like Beethoven's Ninth sounds. Spain is playing some beautiful ball too, but their manager is an effing racist, so to hell with them. Italy shoulda been out by now except Adrian Mutu took one of the crummiest PKs you'll ever see. God, I hate Italy. Thanks for listening.

Vol Abroad said...

I did watch the Dutch - go out.