Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Be mine

The Vol-in-Law and I were channel surfing the other night and landed on one of those count down/ list format shows, you know 100 Trashiest Videos, Top 40 One Hit Wonders. This one was 100 Best Break Up songs.

We watched half of one video and then decided it had been so long since either of us had broken up/ experienced unrequited love that it just didn't appeal. Like a long ago toothache, you can remember being in pain, but you just can't feel it anymore.

Happy Valentine's Day, ViL, thanks to you I'm off the lonely, heartbreak songs.

-----

On my way home tonight, I've seen several couples all dolled up for Valentine's night, embracing in the street. Awwww. We couldn't get a dinner reservation now if we wanted one. I expect I'll come home, make a crack about not getting a Valentine's Day gift, then we'll eat some soup and watch Battlestar Galactica.

----

Happy Valentine's Day everyone - to all my friends and family, readers near and far.

And a Happy Valentine's Birthday to two Nashvillians - Cousin D who's recovering from a c-section but has a lovely new baby and to Vol-K's old flame L.

(And apologies to everyone else this year whose birthdays I will forget or have already forgotten. If you wanted me to remember your birthday you should have had the good sense to be born on a memorable holiday).

UPDATE: The ViL came good by bringing some pink and white carnations.

2 comments:

genderist said...

Flowers? Sounds like you've got a keeper!

Vol-in-Law said...

The Vol pointed out when she got the carnations that having the ViL's innate cheapness exposed to the world via blogger.com seemed to be having a positive effect on his behaviour...