Friday, February 17, 2006

The South Bank

The weather's been odd (though that's not unusual for London) When Vol K was visiting it was absolutely freezing and the sky was leaden. Not a glimpse of sun. I was coming down with SAD. It's warmed up again, but it's scattered showers and only a rare hint of blue skies - but at least we have the rare hints.

Yesterday, I happened to catch the rare moment of sunshine as I walked along the South Bank. I could have taken a taxi back to work, but decided to walk (turns out it was a bit further than a thought).

I thought I'd share some photos from the South Bank, both from the dreary weather days when Vol K was here and from yesterday.

IMGP1033 crop
On the London Eye

IMGP1035
view of Parliament from the London Eye

IMGP1070
across the Thames and view of St Paul's

IMGP1079
The bridge to nowhere near Blackfriars Bridge and St Pauls

IMGP1087 crop
Blackfriars tube sign

No comments: