Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Dashed hopes, shredded dreams

Bad news from the garden front - after a week of anticipation, and I'm afraid to admit that I was really, really excited, about the new garden shredder, I finally had time to assemble it on Saturday. It wasn't raining, so I was really looking forward to a full day of shredding and chipping.

I put it together - carefully following the instructions - only to discover the dang thing just won't turn on - switch is busted or something. We had to take it back to the store. The Vol-in-Law accompanied me because he knew I was too fragile from the crushing disappointment to go alone. All the other models were too expensive or too big or both. The equipment hire store was out, but I've booked a rent-a-shredder for this Saturday.

But it's not all gloom - I have some blooms

Purple crocus - I love the orange.
2006-02-28 025 crop

An orange primrose - cultivar "Marietta".
2006-02-28 027

2 comments:

jen said...

gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I missed this one somehow.
My daffs are blooming spectacularly well this year and so are the mahonias. The weather was in the 70's on 3-1-06 and all the bradford pears are beginning to bloom. It is way too early for that or the global warming is worse than anyone suspected.
VolMom