Monday, August 06, 2007

Cuba libre


A Nashville blogger (and kick ass funny one at that) may be getting the nod to head to Iraq.

Apparently, he's read the travel brochures and isn't keen:

My biggest question is why do we keep invading crap holes?

We've got nice tropical paradise with a dictator, just 90 miles south of Key West. I could swim on to the beach with a pistol in one hand and a mojito in the other.

For some reason, I just can't shake the Daniel Craig as Bond image from my head. I assume that he has both the pistol and the mojito just under the water protected by a zip-lock baggie and an Aladdin thermos respectively.

And the other thought I have - and at the risk of sounding like a paleo-con, invading crap holes instead of tropical locales is just one more area where Bush diverges from the Reagan legacy.

And finally, I hope it ain't so, but if it is so - Short and Fat - I wish you luck and full requisitions of the appropriate body and vehicle armor.

No comments: