Friday, January 27, 2006

Bring your cat to work day

The rodent infestation and ensuing drama at work continues apace. We've been asked to keep a "mouse log" - a record of sightings and so forth. And since it's known among my team that I usually carry my camera with me everywhere, I've been asked to photo-document any mouse damage or droppings. A mouse log log, if you will.

When the problem first became apparent some months ago, I suggested that we get an office cat. This would be more environmentally friendly and would have a calming effect on the staff. If that were not feasible, I suggested that we at least have a "bring your cat to work day". I emailed my suggestion to the head of facilites, copying in all relevant personnel (though not my actual bosses).

I have yet to receive a formal reply.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If only they had listened to you in the first days of the insurgency! Now it's become self-sustaining... *sigh*

saraclark said...

Home Depot allows cats in their stores to help with the mouse problem, but the manager told me that orange cats are the highly preferred color. I've seen them around the bird and grass seed outdoors. You're not supposed to pet them.

Just giving you the corporate precedent.

jen said...

lived in nyc for 7 years. saw *2* mice that entire time. that's some kind of record.

my two cats couldn't kill a blessed thing, but they must've been smelly enough to keep the mice at bay!