Friday, January 20, 2006

haute couture

VolMom emailed me and asked what I wore to the Ambassador's party. One must plan these outfits, carefully - particularly since it followed a day conference. I needed something which would seamlessly go from day to evening, something smart and savvy, creating an air of subtle sophistication. After all, I wasn't just representing a particular organisation, or a segment of the expat community, I was representing Tennesseans, too.

I scrambled through my wardrobe to find just the right thing. But in the end, the answer was clear. I wore these, of course.

new boots

Don't worry, VolMom, I cleaned the mud off.

3 comments:

genderist said...

Nice! I hope your belt matched...

Anonymous said...

wow great foot wear..

Vol Abroad said...

Oh yeah I have a matching belt!! It is gold and silver AND sequined. It has bellicose Eagles clutching bombs which dangle enchantingly from the belt itself. (Actually, it's not currently in my posession, my friend - the Texan has it at her house - must get it back.)