Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Influenza

I didn't get rich in Vegas, I got the 'flu. It hit me on the way back from Hoover Dam - even the mega dose of Vitamin C delivered through a margarita didn't stave off sickness. I was quite sick that night, sweating and shivering and then like a good little soldier, I got up the next day, wrapped up warm and gambled.

I then shared the love. The Vol-in-Law got the 'flu, as did VolMom, and VolBro was sort of sniffling the last time I saw him.

It's not a surprise that I got the 'flu. Turns out California and Nevada are viral hotbeds. See this Centers for Disease Control 'flu map for the week I was out there.


The poor Vol-in-Law has really been suffering, he wasn't able to return to work until yesterday (though mind you, he's a university lecturer, so it's not really work), and when he returned from delivering his viral load lesson to his eager little students, he looked really bad and spent the whole evening in bed, getting up only for an hour to eat some soup.

I don't feel so good myself. I went to work last week, but I still feel weak and tired, so I'm working from home today.

1 comment:

genderist said...

Get the Vol-in-law to make you some chicken soup and tell you stories about blind fish. And drink lots of juice and water...

Uhm, that's all I got...