Saturday, January 14, 2006

Lottery

You'd think I'd had enough of gambling in Vegas - but NO. I bought a lottery ticket yesterday. The EuroMillions draw had gone up to 70 million pounds. That's about 120 million dollars. And unlike US lotteries - you get the whole amount in one big fat lump sum.

I haven't checked my numbers yet. Since the chances that I'd actually win are so tiny, I get my value from milking the fantasy that I've won. Checking would just dash that.

Anyway, I know exactly what I would do with the money. I would start a business that has a large capital outlay, but few to no returns for a substantial period of time. One where the barriers to entry are so high that only those with a bunch of windfall cash and a crazy dream could dare to surmount them.

I cannot say what this plan is, because it is so good, I don't want any other lottery winners to take up my idea. But let's just say it's a business where my PR exercises would be alcohol sodden and might just involve TN Vols season tickets!!

No comments: