Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Goo-Goo supreme

We made it back to England without serious incident, but the Vol-in-Law caught my cold and he's finding the transition to Greenwich Mean Time difficult. I'm not finding it so easy myself, I feel like I've been walking at the bottom of pool for the past two days.

I went back to the office yesterday and stared at various papers. I did do some significant edits to a paper I'm working on, but I'm not sure I managed to save any of those changes.

****

By tradition, English office workers bring back tasty treats from their holiday travels. I brought back "giant m&m's" in weird colors, caramel creams, and Goo Goo clusters (supreme and traditional). My co-workers laughed at the name - "Goo Goo". Laugh if you will, but this Nashville candy is divine and guaranteed to set your blood sugar soaring.

I didn't take all the Goo Goos into the office - I set back a reserve for myself. In fact, I'm eating one right now. Breakfast of champions.

UPDATE: Maybe Goo Goos aren't the best way to start your day. I feel slightly queasy and over-sugared now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

loved your vaction...Love your blog.