Thursday, March 02, 2006

Fair description in advertising

Yesterday, I advertised my brother in a "personals" post. Today, I must make some qualifications, for apparently I did not make an accurate description of the goods on offer.

1. "Reasonably good looking"

All witnesses agree that this is an understatement, and one of them is impartial and knows him well. As a sister it's a tough one to assess your brother's looks. I just wanted any applicants to be pleasantly surprised.

2. "All his teeth are his own."

Ooops. VolBro got in touch yesterday to say "most of my teeth are my own. I had to get one replaced after defending Smokey's* honor in Athens, GA."

So gals, you can see that he has most of his teeth, and that any dental deficiency is not due to poor hygiene but from a deeply held sense of Volunteer pride. Make what you will of that.

______
* For those who don't know what this means, Smokey is a fine hound and the mascot of the University of Tennessee. One of our keenest rivals in college football is the University of Georgia - who also have dog as a mascot - but he's ugly.

Tags: 26-35, 18-25, Love, Relationships, 46, Marriage, Dating,Knoxville,Tennessee, ,

No comments: