Sunday, March 26, 2006

Faster pussycat. Kill, kill.

They say in London, you're never more than 15 feet from a rat*. I can verify that I was even closer this morning. The adrenaline is still pumping.

I was working out in the garden this morning, trimming the restio and cleaning out the pond, when I heard a startled squawking coming from the dogleg walk by our backdoor. I thought Fancy had a baby bird, and I was about to rescue the little thing, when I realised that she had a rat cornered. My heart leaped into my throat and I retreated into a corner of the yard. After all, she's the cat and I didn't want to get in her way.

The rat made a desperate lunge for it, and managed to get past Fancy and ran toward me. And I did scream like a baby.

I'm afraid that the rat got away. The cats are still looking for the rat, but I'm afraid their murderous aspirations are not met by their skill.

Faster pussycats, kill, kill!

________

*Trust me, it was no mouse. It was a rat.

No comments: