Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Glorifying terrorism

Well, the Labour Government finally got its way, and we'll soon have a law in the UK outlawing the "glorification" of terror.

Now, I want to say I'm solidly against the glorification of terror. But although the Government says this law is "easy to understand", I don't think I understand exactly what that means. Do you?

______

In other terror news - seven men are on trial for plotting to bomb a whole bunch of stuff in the South East of England, like a big mall and pubs and clubs. Quote of the trial:

Mr Akbar allegedly said [when selecting targets]: "The biggest nightclub in central London, no one can put their hands up and say they are innocent - those slags dancing around."
I haven't been to a nightclub in years, I'm more of the chatting in pubs type of slag.

No comments: