Thursday, April 20, 2006

After gay paris...

...they'll never get us back on the farm!

Vol K will shortly be here for another business trip to London and we'll be off to Paris at le weekend.

Le Eurostar tickets are tres cher, it being another long weekend in Angleterre. It would have been cheaper to fly, probably, but I guess she wants le chunnel experience. And frankly, le tren is more convenient.

When informed of the ticket prices, Vol K said "Holy $hit, that's an expensive taste of Paris...". Vol K needs to get with the program - it's "Sacre m€rde, c'est de trop!".

I haven't been to gay pair-ree in over 20 years, so it should be interesting. Our resolution is to live it grande while there...wine and chocolate and frogs and snails and petit chien tails. In preparation I need to brush up on my rusty French. I've been told the French appreciate it if you at least try to speak their language. The following phrases should ensure we receive a warm welcome and have a smooth journey:
  • Nous saved vous butts from les Nazis
  • Ce fromage n'est pas as bon que le fromage americain
  • Parlez-vous anglais?
  • Encore du vin, garcon... And
  • You call this a public toilet?!!

4 comments:

genderist said...

Je ne comprends pas; parlez lentements...

Anonymous said...

Attention all Paris puppy dogs...watch your ass.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you haven't been to Paris in over 20 years? One of the great things about London is its proximity to Paris! :)

And regarding the Eurostar, it is Le Nightmare. It's really no different than going on an airplane nowadays, with all the screening and passport checks. And the trains are filled with noisy kids heading for Eurodisney. So get there early (and take your own snacks). The train is fun, though, because it goes superfast. And people get all freaked out when the train enters the Chunnel. I'm not sure why. Regardless, the journey is worth it because Paris is the most beautiful city in the world.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how the passengers would react if I screamed out loud as we enter the chunnel? For the price of the ticket, I'm going to have as much fun with le Europeans as I can.

Learning some French words... my deepest fear about going to France. Strangely, I have no problem issuing requests for alcohol in any language.

I hope no one throws rocks at us.