Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Home appliances

For those three readers who care, here's an update on my updating kitchen.

We finally got the oven installed. And as advertised, it sure does cook fast. That's the magic of death ray technology for you.

Unfortunately, all the ovens on the market now are smaller than the 1970s big boy I used to have - now sadly relegated to rubbish pile.

IMGP2134

Yes, that is an Kerry-Edwards bumper sticker on our old oven. The Vol-in-Law put it there, and I ripped off the Kerry portion after election day, I was so mad.

Here's the new oven:

New oven

Not only does it cook fast, it looks pretty snazzy, too. It's so shiny. I can't wait til we have a thorough patina of fingerprints, so that no single one will be that obvious. And because no new oven fits the hole in our cabinets, we have a big hole just above it. When I came in and saw the finished installation I said "Man, that hole's so big and ugly. That's too big to fix with duct tape."

Fridge update:

For those of you concerned about the fridge magnet situation, here's a photo with the one fridge magnet I'm allowed, plus the one cat.

Fancy on the fridge

That's it for the big purchases...the next thing I want to get is a rain guage - and I think that's less than 20 bucks, plus shipping and handling.

3 comments:

melusina said...

I heart your new oven

Anonymous said...

i love your new kitchen! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to eat death ray pizza in a couple of weeks, along with drinking that beer in that frig.

Anonymous said...

We have a wide selection of beer in, just for you Vol K. :)

BTW all the other dozens of magnets are on the fridge, just round the side of it.