Thursday, April 13, 2006

One more thing I don't have to do

I note that Rosalind Kurita has dropped out of the Democrat primary race (from here and here). I think she did well, and I'm glad to see her profile raised in the State, but I'm also glad that she's dropped out.

I didn't think she could beat Harold Ford, Jr. my key source of evidence on that matter was that VolMom most likely would have voted for her, and she has a really soft spote in her electoral heart for underdogs (read no-hopers). I'd rather the State Dems were able to concentrate their efforts.

Best of all, without a Senate primary, I may not even need to bother voting in August. And before the civic-minded get all excited over my lax attitude, there's some doubt whether I (and other expats) can be voting legally in non-Federal elections, even if I do get sent ballots for county property assessor.

Both candidates conducted themselves with dignity. Now roll on November.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right. I was just about ready to send her a campaign contribution when I heard she had dropped out. This is another case of money buying representation.vm