Monday, April 24, 2006

Dispatch from the war on gardeners

Just in case you were wondering, I'm holding up pretty well in the war on gardeners. It was touch and go on Saturday with a rare warm, sunny day... I broke the hosepipe ban for the first time, when filling up my watering can (legal). I splished the hose over one of my flower filled pots and gave it just a tiny drink (subject to a £1000 fine). I don't think anyone saw me.

The garden is looking pretty fantastic now...

tulips and narcissus

...and I found a freaky white spider, too:

waiting

For those readers who thought I might have news of Paris, that's this coming weekend, my use of Franglais was misleading.

This past weekend we organised our new selection of wine, went to Richmond Deer Park where we saw deer, feral parakeets, a squirrel and a nature rat*. I bet you don't get that in Paris.

2006-04-23 086


_________
* nature rat = rat found in nature, not crawling out of a storm drain on a London street.

No comments: