Thursday, April 06, 2006

Office fun

I spotted this post on creative office pranks at DaTaste (via Bay Area is Talking). My friend Vol K is a big office prankster, including elaborate uses of plastic sheeting, so I'm sure she'll appreciate this. I especially like the keyboard seedling tray.

I can't say I've ever worked anywhere that had a big culture of office pranks, which is kind of too bad. However, I am engaged in a war on a colleague's ficus. I'm slowly killing it with low doses of secretly administered salt solutions in the guise of watering it while the colleague is away. But that's not really a prank - I mean it mean.

2 comments:

jen said...

My husband is the king of office pranks. Including:

1. popping off and switching the "m" and "n" keys on a keyboard
2. changing the "auto-correct" dictionary to replace the word "the" with "them" and
3. unplugging two adjacent telephone extensions and plugging them into the opposite phones
4. taking a screenshot of the desktop and setting it as the background, then hiding all the real icons and start bar, so nothing happens when you click on it
5. setting the media player to the loudest volume and leaving a CD in the drive on restart

Clearly I have married a pre-teen ;)

Vol Abroad said...

Those are brilliant!!