Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Ghoulish hobbies

When I'm too lazy to go on a real walk, we sometimes walk in the local cemetery. I bring my camera, and collect those delightful floral tributes now de rigeur at British cremations. Through the magic of carnations, styrofoam and spraypaints all kinds of delightful tributes can be made. I've seen all kinds, bottles of whisky, sporting goods, a royal flush, but this weekend, I have to say I was most amazed:

I remember those barbie torsos that had dresses macramed onto them by ancient maiden aunts and were given as gifts to be used as toilet roll cozies. If you don't remember the 70s, have a little peep here to see what I mean. (What is more embarassing? Toilet paper on display or a crochet barbie with toilet paper under her skirts?)

But this is the first time I've seen one as a remembrance for the dead.

Rotation of IMGP2269

and a close-up:

IMGP2271

1 comment:

genderist said...

It's kinda cute, if you're a Barbie kind of person...