Thursday, August 10, 2006

You crack me up

I rarely sign with LOL. Not just because, well - I think it's a little lame. But because I rarely laugh out loud at anything I read. I might snicker a little, or make a little hmmph noise. But LOL, not so much.

But this - from the blog Corn from a Jar - made me LOL.

--Everyone loves a good list, right? So check out this list of top fight songs from SI On Campus. Rocky Top makes the top five (ahead of the Notre Dame Fight Song), which leads to some pretty funny comments posted by the haters. My favorite comes from a Minnesota fan talking about the Gophers playing UT in the '86 Liberty Bowl and hearing Rocky Top played 25+ times: "every time the chorus came up, the stadium shook like a white trash Nuremburg." And that's the point, isn't it?


Damn right.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"white trash Nuremberg" - not only did I LOL, I have tears in my eyes!

Anonymous said...

I quite agree that singers of "Rocky Top" are often fight prone.

Dan said...

I will shamelessly steal "white trash Nuremburg" for my own use. Brilliant.