Thursday, January 11, 2007

MP3 ruminations

...On the way from Newcastle to London on the overcrowded, delayed 17:32
  • Does George Strait think that living in Tennessee is some kind of 2nd rate consolation prize? All my Texas relatives only moved there after they got in trouble with the law or the banks (or both) of the Volunteer State.
  • Wouldn't it be cool to hear Tanya re-do Delta Dawn now that her own rose has faded a little? A sneering, lucky teenager has a different interpretation of life's maddening disappointments.
  • "Well, it was all that I could do to keep from cryin," always makes me smile.
  • I don't care if liking Johnny Cash's "Hurt" is something even people who don't like country do. I think it's awesome.
  • I kinda miss my old buddy Jack.
  • Anyone who thinks the Dixie Chicks hate America should have a listen to "Travelling Soldier".
  • All of my rowdy friends have NOT settled down. I'm the ice tea drinking one these days - but folks still come round for my cornbread. Mmmm - cornbread and iced tea.
  • That whole Van Lear Rose album kicks ass. See Johnny Cash comment above.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I am in Teguscigalpa and I am really enjoying myself. I bought you a Honduran reindeer today. It is wooden and is primative, but I was surprised to see a reindeer here and so I bought it.

Hope things are going well with you and Simon.

I will call you Tuesday.