Saturday, January 13, 2007

What not to wear

Is that Nick Saban guy an idiot? Can't be if he's just signed a coaching contract worth a jillion with Alabama. But just look...just look what he turned up in to his first "official" Crimson Tide sporting event. A purple shirt (his old LSU school colors) to an Alabama basketball game. My old pal and a bona fide Alabama alumnus says:

From all I've heard, Nick Saban is one sharp cookie. How could he not realize a purple(ish) shirt would not be the best thing to wear to his first Bama sporting event? Even casual fans know, you wear Crimson to Crimson Tide sporting events.

His fashion gaffe isn't helped by the fact that Alabama was playing LSU that night. Apparently, many an Alabama fan is in a kerfuffle over the Saban sartorial choice - and was it really purple or was it magenta, and when did Saban know it was purple, and so on...


Well, I've got a few things to say about it myself...

1. I can kinda see what he's up to - he's wearing one of those kinda iridescent shirts with one color (purple) in the warp and another color (crimson) in the weft. See the shirt is two things at once... he's building a bridge between the two proud academic institutions of the two fine states of Alabama and Louisiana [cough...splutter...evil chuckle].
2. But as my brother says "You can only have ONE team in the NCAA," and the very idea of having two in one conference is ridiculous.
3. Besides that, when you take the King's shilling, you wear his colors.
4. Man - that shirt so does not go with the rest of his tacky-ass sky blue leisure suit outfit. I just thank my lucky stars we gotta a man-with-a-fashion-plan in Coach Bruce Pearl.

1 comment:

Scooby said...

Sadly, Alabama fans will only focus on the fact that there was a complete lack of crimson, instead of realizing that their coach wore the most hideous suit known to man. I think Joan Rivers just had a heart attack.

Thank God my coach can dress. WAR EAGLE!