Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Fourth of July

Hey, hey, hey - it's the Fourth of July. Happy Independence Day everyone!



I've got zero plans. They're predicting rain, rain and more rain for today. So that kinda scuppers the whole BBQ thing. Plus the cupboards are bare.



I'm afraid of fireworks* and I probably couldn't get any if I wanted to and they don't really work in the rain that good anyway.


So, I think I'll pass the day watching American TV re-runs. Like seven year old Sally Jesse Rafael and Maury shows and endless episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond. I'm sure the founding fathers would rapturously approve.
_________

*a fear developed after a lifetime of VolMom telling me the story of how VolAunt was nearly blinded by a Roman Candle and then a girl from my church had a truly horrific accident with fireworks.

No comments: