Friday, August 26, 2005

Big orange screw

Ahhh, the displeasures of the Big Orange Screw. My brother has just gone back to school and he says...

I started school yesterday, and the Big Orange Screw has grown exponentially since my last stint at Ol' UT. I walked into Rocky Top Books and took one look at the damn prices and decided I could wait for an online shipper to accommodate my scholastic needs.

No matter how long you're out of UT, the pointy tip of the Big Orange Screw can bear down on you. I've had an off-and-on struggle for a couple of years with the Alumni Office. I want them to provide me with information, email addresses for any UT Alumni here in London. I thought perhaps we could start a chapter here, maybe watch a little football together when the occasionally show UT games on the North America Sports Network. Meet up for drinks, whatever. They keep promising to help me and they never follow through.

Of course, it could be that I'm the only Vol in the greater London area. But I doubt it, even if I were it would be nice to know. Of course, one day I might be able to search the Online Alumni directory, but the message that it's "coming soon" has been up on the Alumni Association website for at least a couple of years.

No comments: