Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Arrival in Knoxvegas

Well, I had a very relaxing morning at my cousin's house. I cooked up some bacon and frozen biscuits, drank coffee and riled up her dog.

After lunch, we headed up to Knoxville.

A couple of observations:
There's a lot more Christian rock on the radio. All we could find in a quick scan of the dial was gospel pop and post 9/11 kick-some-A-rab-ass country.

Apparently there has been no maintenance to 440 since the I was here 2 and a half years ago. The Interstate appears to have fallen to Arkansas roadway standards.

There sure are a bunch of people who feel obliged to wear their patriotism on their vehicle.

My home state is beautiful.

Once we'd arrived in Knoxville, we got to my brother's apartment - the Chateau VolBro - only to find that he's at a poker tournament. Hope he wins.

Update: Nah, he didn't win.

No comments: