Friday, December 09, 2005

Sorry, we've run out of time for questions

The speech went well today. My ignorance was not revealed til the question and answer session - and the chair kindly stepped in and moved us on. I was speaking to auditors, and managed to get more than one laugh. That's a triumph. Hurray for performance enhancing drugs.

-o-

In the parking lot on the way out, I spied a car with a Alabama Crimson Tide window sticker. I could scarcely believe it. I left a note. Not sure they'll like it.

-0-

Despite the fact that London is known for its fog, in the time I've lived here it hasn't been a frequent occurence. Today, though, the day I need to drive a couple of hours on the motorway, it's a real pea souper.

The Brits, who spend so much time talking about the weather, ignore it completely when it comes to driving. They just do not slow down, rain, shine, snow, or fog. I will say that people allowed more than the usual six inches distance between cars at 80 miles per hour.

-0-

I stopped off at RHS Wisley on the way back. Lovely. Foggy.

IMGP0547

4 comments:

Rex L. Camino said...

Hmmm. What about the note makes you think that it might not be well recieved?

Vol Abroad said...

I'm sorry, we've run out of time for questions.

Rex L. Camino said...

I suspected as much.

Rex L. Camino said...

This is completely unrelated, but I noticed while driving through Lawrence County today that the Owl's Nest is still open for bid'ness.

I was wrong, and I can admit that.