Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Pets for the stars

I have really been struggling on the blog front this week. I've been quite sick..and I can't drum up much interest in the world around me.

But we did get our quarterly magazine from Battersea Dogs' and Cats' Home yesterday and there were a few interesting snippets.

We got our cat Fancy from Battersea, and let me tell you, their adoption process is tough. We had to go through a rigourous interview, but I was determined! (Partly, because I knew someone who is very successful but who had been turned down and it is known as the pet rescue rehomer to the Stars) It took us three visits to Battersea before we could get her.

2005-10-22 034

In this edition of Paws, there's an article about the rehoming process and the "top ten things you never knew."

Fact 4 is:

The rehoming process is the same for everyone, regardless of who you are. A fact which a major Hollywood star found rather surprising recently when we were unable to let him have a dog that was clearly wrong for him. But we are not mentioning any names!


Hmm... First of all, they let us have a cat that didn't fit our profile. We were supposed to get a male cat aged 2 to 3 of a quiet disposition. We got Fancy, female, 9 months and craaaazy.

The Vol-in-Law and I speculated who that might be. Which American is currently resident in London? Val Kilmer? Rob Lowe? No... these guys are in West End shows and will be moving back to America. Surely they wouldn't go for a pet. Kevin Spacey, perhaps?

Kevin Spacey already has a dog and was attacked when walking his dog near Kennington, South London.

6 comments:

jen said...

brad pitt? apparently he now owns a penthouse at the new glass luxury apartment developments at st. george's wharf, vauxhall. which I know because my work office is situated there...

Vol Abroad said...

hmmm... not a suitable place for a dog - and REALLY close to Battersea

Anonymous said...

Spacey was just out for an early morning troll....er, stroll. Nothing to see here. Move along.

And, where is Kennington?

Vol Abroad said...

Kennington is just South of the River on the Northern Line, SE11, very fast to the City, but still relatively cheap. I don't think it's really near anything of note. I'm really surprised he lives there, it's a dodgy, bars on the windows kind of area. I don't go there if I don't have to. Frankly, I don't do SE post codes if I can help it.

But the ViL's cousin lives there and she and her husband are quite posh so maybe it's on the way up. When we went to her house at Christmas last year, we bought wine in Kennington and I was served by some weird guy who looked like a combination of the old man and the young killer from the Tell Tale Heart. thump-thump thump-thump

So...I just can't imagine what Kevin was doing out at 4:30 am in a local Kennington park.

Anonymous said...

Remind me sometime to tell you my naked Val Kilmer story.

Anonymous said...

Ah so. Found Kennington. Near Elephant and Castle. Now oriented.