Wednesday, May 03, 2006

...and guess who else is running locally?

I blogged recently about the BNP running candidates in the local elections in England (tomorrow!). But today we got a leaflet from the Communist Party. I wasn't aware there was a Communist Party in Wandsworth, but there you go - if it's not reds under the beds, it's reds shoving leaflets through our letter box.

Though I hesitate to give the candidate the oxygen of publicity...I simply cannot resist. His name is Phil Brand. And even though I cannot vote, I will use his brochure to tally up his electoral worth.

Pro:
Strong local ties (born and raised locally)
Opposes public funding of faith schools.


Con:
Backs the Palestine and Cuba solidarity campaigns
Opposes the action in Afghanistan (though I oppose the poor execution of it)
Supports Babar Ahmad
Almost everything else on his leaflet
IS A COMMUNIST


Still, best of luck Phil - every vote for you is vote against Labour.

No comments: