Saturday, May 06, 2006

community documentation

I love this. There's now a wiki for documenting the disaster of the Bush presidency. The main page says "just the facts", but facts are filtered through opinion. It's just as much about what's not there as what is there. I mean where will the positive contributions of the Bush administration be recorded...oh yeah, there's already a site for that.

Actually, I'm struggling to come up with anything that the Bush Adminstration has done that I agree with... Oh yeah, I do like the principles of No Child Left Behind -- but I'm not so keen on how they have put the policy into practice. They didn't adequately fund it and there are flaws. All policies have flaws - nature of the beast - but the Bush mal-Administration is so disinterested in actually governing that they don't bother to reevaluate. Any pointers to improve are seen as a sign of disloyalty. Very Maoist, I must say.

Anyway, it's a great idea and I really like the idea of using the web community for compiling living history.

Hat tip to Alice at 10,000 monkeys and a camera.

No comments: