Friday, November 11, 2005

If you want to play in Texas...

I think they're still smartin' over Prop 2 (The Texas Marriage Amendment) at the Appalachia Alumni Association.

Top 10 Reasons why Gay Marriage should be illegal.

and

Why do I live in Texas?

Gay marriage isn't legal in the UK, but many local authorities are undertaking "blessings" or "unions", which as far as I can tell don't grant you the same rights or entail the same duties as marriage. But marriage isn't that popular among the educated middle classes in the UK anyway. I know many people with mortgages and kids who can't be bothered to sign the damn piece of paper, I guess they don't want to be 'tied down'.

I'm in favor of gay marriage because I'm in favor of marriage. I think that long term stable cohabitation is a good thing for society in general and that we ought to encourage that kind of behaviour in all kinds of people. Plus if I had to do it, I think everyone else should have to do it, too.

No comments: