Monday, November 21, 2005

My fellow Americans

Out of original ideas today, I'll do a little round up of what my fellow Americans in London (greater Metropolitan area) are up to. I could call this Expat Monday. Does that work?

Nicole is going to be walking with llamas, let me know how that goes.

Elle and alpha males - they don't impress her much.

Scott is mad at the BBC - again. This time over Bush and the locked doors. Sometimes I feel a little sorry for W. I've tried to exit through closets or panelling myself. Of course, I don't have a professional staff looking after me making sure I leave by the right door.

Robert speculates on how the AP would cover the Gettysburg Address today. Being a Southerner, I would just normally expect Lincoln to get bad press, but Robert's from New York.
Monica has been cuttin' the fat (really, read it) and now she's knackered.

Jen, my near neighbour, is all holiday focused with a post on an upside down Chrismas tree. (I won't be buying one, I don't think she will either.) But at least you have more room for the presents.

Jessica's been in the pub - and this is just one of the things she overheard:

German: I am sick of talking about British TV shows from when you all were kids, let's talk about German TV.
Brit: We don't have any German TV here
German: Exactly! We have to import all your crap shows and all you have from us is WWII

Kathy F still wants Cheney Impeached and she's learned some saucy local history.

Maureen informs us that the Benjamin Franklin House in London will soon be open. I'm sure Marcia, the director of Ben Franklin House, has done a swell job on a long-running, painstaking project.

Sarai at what must be the cleverest blog titles of the bunch - Anglofille - has a post dissecting one of Britain chick rags and which ends with calling for Gordon Ramsay's castration. Too late, he's already bred.


...and that's all the ones I've found... An American expat in London? - email me - you can find the address in my profile.

Tags: ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In my class we talked about the Ben Franklin house just yesterday. No one mentioned it would soon be opened. It sounds really neat.