Sunday, October 07, 2007

How 'bout them Vols?

Well, hey hey - Go Vols. What a fantastic game - (Tennessee wins 35 to 14) Between you and me, I wasn't quite sure they had it in them. Well, I thought the Vols definitely could win, but I wasn't sure they would win and I certainly didn't think they would trample. Phil Fulmer must have found a can of whoopass he'd forgotten about way back in the back of the cupboards.

Or maybe Phil told the Volunteers that there was a little tiny boy across the big, big ocean who would have to wear Georgia kit. Yep, I bet against another expat blogger - a Georgia fan - that if the Bulldogs won I'd dress my boy in Georgia gear.

"Y'all don't want to see that baby Vol wearing red and black!" Coach Fulmer told the assembled kids in the locker room. "Y'all don't want to see that sad baby's face when he sees himself wearing red and black. Men, think of the children."

On the upside, a young boy in Oxford will soon be introduced to beautiful Tennessee orange. His daddy, even posted a Rocky Top mp3 on his Georgia supporting blog. Magnanimous in defeat - I got to admit that's more than I would have done. Rocky Top has hardly ever sounded so good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you take PayPal? And, how much is a pint in Euros?

Vol Abroad said...

I can't even manage half a pint these days. Oh well, I have the rest of my life to rebuild my tolerance