Monday, October 01, 2007

talkin expat trash

This week I'd like to highlight the blog of a fellow American expat, Chris Della Vedova. His blog is pretty, it has music clips and interesting posts about science and politics and sports and stuff.

We have some other things in common besides our nationality. He has a brand new baby boy, too. He's also a recovering smoker. He thinks Steve Earle isn't quite so good since he got so politically bitter. I don't know for sure, but I bet he thinks the SEC is the toughest football conference in the nation. Anyway, that's where his heart is.

And that's where the similarities end. You see last week he combed the baby clothing aisles of Oxford (England, not Mississippi) for suitable team colors for his little Zach. But instead of choosing a beautiful golden orange, he chose red and black.

He's raising that kid to support Georgia. And to my mind, that's just bad parenting.

Hey Chris, I hope the sound of your bitter wailing come Saturday night when Tennessee woops your Dawgs doesn't wake up your baby.

UPDATE: I'm challenged, and I accept.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, a bit early for this. I was going to give you a few days as I know how painful this weekend is going to be for you. Oh well, it's ON now!