Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My fame ascendant

Today I was asked for my photograph, to appear in a magazine with national (UK) distribution.

That sounds great. I can't say what the rag is (since I'm sure you'd all rush out and buy it, blowing my anonymity) but suffice to say if I were in the hardware trade it would be something like Wrenches Quarterly. This is a publication that I generally leave in the shrink wrap when it appears on my desk.

I had to admit that I didn't have any current electronic copies of my image that would inspire any confidence in anyone that I know what I'm talking about. I did not admit that the only recent photos of myself shocked me when I saw with my own eyes how much cleavage I displayed at the Vegas party in June. (It looked alluring yet reasonably respectable in the mirror.) There's also one of me with my Tennessee sweatshirt, the one that makes me look a Volunteer elf. And of course, there's the one from my ID badge, which my employer should have on file somewhere, but it's so bad that I keep the face side in unless challenged.

I left my camera at the Texan's on Saturday night and doubt I'll manage to pick it up before then. I told the person that if it fit with his timescales I would try at the weekend. Maybe I should hunt on Flickr for someone who looks authoritative?

No comments: