Monday, April 23, 2007

my neighbourhood

Fellow American expat - who also lives in Tooting - (but in the Northern bit) tell us why she loves living here.

I like this neighborhood, too. And I've liked it more since I've been more involved with the local area. Recently, I've been reflecting on my relationship with this house, this neighbourhood, this city and my hometown(s).
  • I've lived in the house I'm in now for longer than I've lived in any house.
  • But I've lived in Knoxville longer than I've lived anywhere else in the world.
  • Only recently, I've lived in London continuously, longer than I've lived anywhere. (My Knoxville years have been broken up)
  • I've had (and maintain) Lawrenceburg, TN as a permanent address longer than any place else - even though it's a distant third to Knoxville and London as places I've actually lived.
  • I've lived in Tennessee longer than anywhere.

2 comments:

jen said...

Yep, I do miss living down the other end of the high street, but we're still there often enough anyway for errands and to see friends. The Cafe Nero's must mean it's going all posh ;)

Vol Abroad said...

Cafe Nero's - going posh?

That'$ rea££y what I'm hoping.